Careers: Practice manager
Since re-opening our services over the past few months and weeks, we are growing and evolving faster than ever before and an exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to take on the role of Practice manager at our Hampstead clinic.
The role is full time and on a permanent contract.
It’s essential that you have experience of working in reception and management in the private healthcare sector.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The right person will provide a comprehensive, seamless and efficient administrative service and drive customer service excellence. The practice manager is often the face and voice of our practice and must reflect professionalism, courtesy, care and attention to detail at the highest level, and be willing to go the extra mile to enhance the reputation of the practice and the experience our clients.
Overview of the role:
Reporting directly to the General Manager and Directors, you will cover operational opening times which will include daytimes, evenings and weekends. Duties include; managing practitioner diaries and class timetables on MindBody Online, preparing the facilities for appointments and classes, compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation, including the review and updating of Risk Assessment’s, ensuring routine cleaning and maintenance is completed, and undertaking all front of house functions such as telephone, dealing with bookings, enquiries and banking.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the highest level of empathy and attentiveness in dealing with all clients and be the main
point of contact in the provision of non-clinical support.
- Welcome new clients in a friendly and helpful manner, familiarising clients with the centre, paperwork and registration processes (including any additional consents as required).
- Register patient details accurately, maintain patient files and manage the computer filing systems.
- Process client payments where necessary.
- Manage client bookings and waiting lists for clients when necessary and ensuring that both clients and practitioners are kept fully informed.
- Ensure invoices are posted or emailed promptly, perform credit control when necessary, and inform Accounts of any difficulties
- Respond appropriately to all telephone calls received during office hours, and ensure appropriate messages are left for out-of-hours callers so patients know who to contact in emergencies.
- Ensure all messages are responded to in a timely manner.
- Inform Management of any patient dissatisfaction according protocol in a timely manner.
- Keep in touch with reception staff, practitioners and teachers during clinics
- Manage the office premises, ensuring security and tidiness, and liaise with service providers to guarantee efficient service at all times.
- Communicate effectively and work closely with the reception team, supervising daily activities, managing the workload, delegating and sharing tasks as appropriate, assessing performance, and bringing to Management’s attention any issues arising.
- Purchase goods and services as necessary to run the practice and liaise with accounts department in regard to creditor invoices when required.
Personal Attributes, Skills and Experience:
- A willingness to work hard, including occasional long hours or out-of-hours work, and to be contactable by mobile phone or landline to help out in emergencies.
- The ability to listen carefully, keep accurate records of conversations and instructions, and relay information correctly at the appropriate time.
- The ability to work with speed and precision to ensure that all daily tasks are completed. These include ensuring that patient requests on the phone are dealt with effectively, practitioners are prepared with all the relevant information to hand and are filed correctly afterwards.
- Excellent diplomatic skills on the phone and in person, with patients, GPs, Consultant colleagues and their secretarial staff, supporting medical organisations.
- The ability to think ahead and use initiative.
- Top-grade secretarial skills including the management of filing systems, managing stationery requirements, experience of using the internet, and experience of MindBody Online.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading clinic with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits. Along with a competitive salary and opportunities for development, you’ll also get to enjoy working in a vibrant, exciting and friendly environment. Furthermore, as an added bonus, you and a partner/children will also get to enjoy free Pilates classes and discounted Physiotherapy services at all our clinics.