Surgery: pre- and rehab
Pre- and post-surgical treatment
Our Physiotherapy specialists treat a range of injuries and issues, often involving ‘prehab’ treatment to prepare you for surgery and post-surgical treatment to get you back to where you were before your injury.
What we treat
- back injuries, nerve and disc issues
- shoulder pain, instability, rotator cuff tears, ligaments injuries and AC joint injuries
- ankle sprains, fractures and other movement issues causing pain and dysfunction
- hip injuries – joint soreness, stiffness and age-related changes
- knee pain, ACL and other ligament injuries, meniscal tears and osteoarthritis
- neck injuries, stiffness, tightness and disc issues
How does it work?
Your ‘prehab’ treatment will help you ensure full movement, strong muscles and stable joints – so you’ll be in a better position after your surgery. Then afterwards treatment can help with swelling, scars, movement, muscle strength and balance – and ultimately full recovery.
Treatments may include
- manual therapy
- pain management
- home exercises
- personalised strengthening programme
- taping or strapping
- weaning of crutches or braces
- soft tissue mobilisation
- dry needling
- sport-specific rehabilitation
What to expect
Your Physio will ask about your injury, pain and any investigations, surgery or complications you’ve had – as well as any precautions or medication you’re on. We’ll then create a personalised treatment programme – based on your movement, muscle strength, balance and functional tests.
Meet our consultant partners
We value the established, trusted relationships we’ve formed with our handpicked circle of specialist medical partners. We have direct access to specialists who provide speedy communication, referrals, investigations and sound advice.