What to expect
A friendly group-based beginners running club, led by a Run Coach that can provide tips and advice to help improve form and reduce the risk of injury when running. The aim of these sessions is to create an environment whereby members can improve confidence with running and experience the variety of benefits of outdoor activity for one’s mental and physical fitness and wellbeing.
Types of sessions
Sessions vary and include longer running routes with the aim of working towards 5km as a group at a steadier pace. In addition, shorter circuit and interval based sessions are included to work on improving running capacity and speed endurance.
Advice is provided throughout, and any questions answered by the run coach who performs the session with you. The session will start with a dynamic warm up and runners are advised on the importance of including some strength work alongside their running. This is provided with different strength exercises to try in the session around their workout routines.
Outlined below are some of the many physical, mental, and social benefits of group running:
- Improve running technique and pace
- Improve muscular endurance
- Enhance cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce the risk of various health conditions
- Improve mood
- Increase motivation
- Develop greater levels of self-confidence
- Can help to de-stress and unwind from the day
- Promotes social interactions with other like-minded members
- Create friendships
- Members help to motivate each other
- Creates a trusting and comfortable environment to exercise